Zoo Tycoon Paradise

Hello, and Welcome To Our Winter Paradise! We Hope You Give Us Some Feedback On Our New Skin and Features. Have a Nice Time Here at Zoo Tycoon Paradise! Smile

~sesrocker & slg (The Admins Here At ZTP)

Paradise For Zoo Tycoon Fans!

Pet Remembrance Area

sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-08-09
    Number of posts : 1337
    Capricorn Dog
    My Pet : Penguin
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Pet Remembrance Area

Post by sesrocker on August 11th 2008, 22:52

This is an area where you can talk about the pets in your life that have passed away. Please respect the other members, because they are sharing some sad information about their lives. Thank you.

Re: Pet Remembrance Area

Post by Guest on August 11th 2008, 22:53

This was a great idea because some people need to talk about these things to get over them.
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 11th 2008, 22:58

Thank you. I saw this on another forum, and the stories made me sad, but I loved the fact that the people were sharing their feelings.

Post by Guest on August 12th 2008, 02:13

I had a long line of guinea pigs since I was 5 years old (I am 13 now). My first guinea pig was Rosie. She was the sweetest thing, but she knew how to let you know when she wasn't happy! I loved her and she went through a lot. When she was about 2 or 3, I rescued a baby pig (guinea pig) from a horrible pet store. I named (her) Blackie. The pet store told us it was a girl, so it was all good until we got another female from a classmate of mine. Blackie would chase Raisin (the new comer) around and I would always say they were playing tag Smile. My dad said that Raisin was getting fatter and fatter, so we separated them while we went to see a movie. We came back and Raisin had two little fluffy surprises for us!! She got scared a trampled one though, :'(. The surviving baby looked just like her daddy, but had the skittish personality of her mother. Because of her perfect markings, we named her double stuffed oreo, but we called her Oreo for short. Even though Rosie had no relation to that pig family, we called her the grandma because she mothered all the other guinea pigs we had I love you. When Oreo was old enough, we ended up giving her mom to the animal shelter because she was really skittish and didn't like us too much (to tell you the truth, I think Oreo was kind of happy to see her mommy go confused ). After a while, Rosie started looking kind of sickly, so we decided to take her to th e vet. We knew she had some kind of cold, because her nose was really stuffy. After about 10 minutes of x-rays and things, the vet concluded that Rosie's tooth had gotten fractured up and was growing out of her nose!! I felt so bad and I cried forever. They got most of the tooth out, but in the next few days, my big fat Roise died :'(. Now I only had my Oreo and Blackie. Blackie started looking kind of sick one night too, so my mom told me to put a towel in his cage for him to lay on. I was checking on him before I went to bed, and I petted his nose, he looked at me straight in the eyes, and that was the last of my Blackie :'(. One guinea pig remained in the family and I was devastated. Oreo was kind of messed up those next few years because my 140 lb. brother accidentally sat on her head. He put all his weight...on her neck!! She survived, but had some brain damage and was a little wacky. She lived about 3 more years and just died this July :'(. I will never forget all my babies!! R.I.P. My lovely guinea pigs that were the best of anything I could ever have. Sad
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 12th 2008, 02:22

I am sorry icloverleaf. Oreo, Rosie, and Blackie are all in a peaceful place right now, probably saying to one another, "Icecloverleaf was the best owner ever, but her brother needs to look before he sits next time!!" Razz I'm just trying to cheer you up a little because I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I have lost many pets, but still get very sad when they pass away. Thank you for sharing that story with us icecloverleaf!!!

Post by Guest on August 12th 2008, 10:43

Haha, thanks Smile.

Btw, it's icloverleaf, not iceloverleaf
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 12th 2008, 11:31

Sorry I misspelled your name. Embarassed

Post by Guest on August 12th 2008, 11:32

That's okay!! Haha, it is kind of odd Wink. Someone once though it was ice-cream-lover-leaf, just to let everyone know, it is like this: i-clover-leaf Smile
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Registration date : 2008-08-26
    Number of posts : 32
    Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 17:20

"Princess"

I breed jack russell terriers, but I decided to try out some other breed (very expensive german breed, i forgot what it was though).

anyway, when I had her, she always stayed in the house, and the coolest thing about her was she didnt run off(all others would). i always went for walks with her, and she loved it.
    But then the worst thing in the world happened. I went to my brothers house for a little camping trip, and when I got back to the airport, driving back, my mother said she had bad news. our only syko(if thats how you spell it) dog had attacked, and killed her. I wanted to kick the dog in the FACE

But I didnt. The matriach of the pack(the dominant female) put up with it for a long time, then just snapped and killed her when the syko dog tried to attack her.

cant say im sorry, but thats one more dog in heaven, and 1 in hell
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 17:30

another story, from a jack russell breeder

we had a litter of pups, and one was born not doing so well(about as long as both your pinkies together) when most of them are 3 of your pinkies(yes all 3 of them). it was too weak to nurse, and I bottle-fed it. one day i picked it up, and it went all stiff, and i thought it died. i cried for about 5 min. before it kinda just...kicked up again and went back to being itself. i was relieved, until it happened again.and again. and again. apparently, it was seizures. my mom put it in a plastic bin and put hot bottles of water in it and wrapped pup in washcloth next to it. it suffered for a day and a half(me crying all night because i knew he was painfully dying, barely clinging on to life. i called my vet, and put it down between 2 appointments of his, and felt very relieved there was no dying pup in my house.

Like a Star @ heaven
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 26th 2008, 19:05

I am so sorry bocasboy. Did you put the dog down that attacked the other one? I feel real bad for you. Sad
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 20:35

I didnt put the dog down, the dominant female did, after the syko one tried to fight her...BIG mistake on that one. the dominant female does not start fights, rarely fights back, but can open a can of wooparse if need be
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 26th 2008, 20:50

Ok, just wondering. What color are your dogs? Max is a real light shade of tan with white stripes down his head and chest. Hazel looks a lot like a rotweiler. She is black with brown "eyebrows", and has a little white spot on her chest as well. It was funny because once while we were in a drive trough, the guy who was handing our food was like, "Is that a rotwiler puppy!?!?!?" He was shaking a little because he didn't know if we had a bigger one in the car with us that was going to bite off his hand because he was holding our food!!!! It was funny... Razz
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 21:00

mine are mostly white, with brown or black spots, or both.

I had a german shepard and something else mix, and he was FIERCE. My mother was in the FBI and trained him as a
    K-9 "operative". he tracked awesome and could kill a lion. If a stranger came to me and rested his hand on my shoulder...well, lets just say he wouldnt have a hand anymore.

once my mom was in the car with justice in the back, and some guys came over, really looking like they were gonna start somethin.(car was parked) they came up on both sides of the car, and my mom rolled down the window a little bit to reveal a dog ready to take a face off. since she was an officer, her keys had a little thing on it to open the back seat, to let dog out in case of emergency. she never reall used it though, i wouldv liked to see a couple poeple who would rob a woman get there faces torn off.
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 26th 2008, 21:06

That's funny!!!! German shepherds are cool!!!! That was neat that he was involved in the FBI!!!! I have always wanted a german shepherd. I had one once, but she died after she ate some rat poison by accident. Her name was Chloe, and she was 6. Crying or Very sad Sad
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 21:09

my brothers dog ate rat poison once, pumped his stomach to get it out
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on August 26th 2008, 21:30

We didn't want her to go through the pain because she had eaten so much of it. We had to put her down. I feel real bad about it, but I know we did the right thing about letting her go. Crying or Very sad
    bocasboy
    Special Member
    Special Member

Aquarius Pig

Post by bocasboy on August 26th 2008, 22:07

*pats you on back* you did the right thing.

I had to put down my 23 year old grump of an old fart dog, for obvios reasons

Post by Guest on September 4th 2008, 03:05

I had to put down my last labrador I had. He was very old. At the end, he could hardly walk. His back legs were not working. He will drag his backend on the ground trying to follow you. It was very sad to see him this way. My Dad took him to the vet to been put down. My Dad held the dog in his arms while the vet gave the shots. We buried him beside a pond we have in the backyard. This was about five years ago. I have not had a pet dog since.
    sesrocker
    Admin
    Admin

Capricorn Dog
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by sesrocker on September 4th 2008, 11:02

I am sorry slg. I think you did the right thing by putting him to sleep. He's not in any pain anymore and is looking down at you thinking how he can repay you for giving him the best life he ever could have wished for.

caitcaitcatcat

Registration date : 2008-09-16
    Number of posts : 6
    Cancer Goat

Post by caitcaitcatcat on September 16th 2008, 15:08

[b][justify]my cat max it was my first holiday we went to florida for 3 weeks
    we came back and the man said max escaped through a window at first i thoght it was a joke but now i know its not since hes been missing for a year now hears a picture

Post by Guest on September 16th 2008, 18:45

If you were trying to post a picture, it didn't work.

And I'm so sorry about your kitty Sad

Squrrielman30
    Bronze Rank
    Bronze Rank

Registration date : 2008-09-15
    Number of posts : 187

Post by Squrrielman30 on October 11th 2008, 10:34

Im sorry about your cat.

Georgina123

Registration date : 2008-11-06
    Number of posts : 3

Post by Georgina123 on November 6th 2008, 13:56

When was 2 year old I had some goldfish. They passed away but r buried somewhere in my garden!!!! I didn't know about them until my parent told me!!!
    becuffin
    Admin
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-11-05
    Number of posts : 184
    Aquarius Cat
    My Pet : Hippo

Post by becuffin on November 8th 2008, 01:56

OK, just to clarify, I get all my dogs from the RSPCA. When they are adopted they are temperament tested, desexed, vaccinated, microchipped and registered, which is why I get so angry when I think about the way this whole situation was handled...

About a fortnight ago one of my dogs "Allie", a wolfhound cross (another pound dog) got out of the yard with Bundy (ridgeback x rotti we think) while I was in bed flu-ridden, and got picked up by the Ranger (this was a Sunday). I wasn't told where they were, so I was panicking for a day and a half trying to find my dogs, visiting all the shelters and vets, walking the streets until 11pm (not a great idea in the area I live in). Cos I'm only reasonably new to the area I had no idea where the pound was. Eventually a lady in a pet shop gave me directions (and asked if I could check for her neighbours dogs while I was down there, they were) and there my dogs were (and apparently had been all the day before). Both my dogs are microchipped and registered with tags so I was mighty annoyed that I hadn't been notified (2pm Monday afternoon). I rang the number on the side of the building (the pound isn't actually manned, you have to go up to the council office). I was then notified that 'scanning for microchips isn't part of their policy' despite the fact it has been compulsory to have your dog chipped since 31 July, and both of my dogs were under investigation for an attack that happened on Saturday. My dogs weren't out Saturday, i know that for a fact cos I was out there with them all day, they got out Sunday! and there were about 70 other dogs out that day! at least 2 fitting her description (but male). I would have to be one of the few people who actually keeps their animals in the yard to the very best of their ability in this area. Anyway, eventually I managed to get the ranger down there after paying the $200 bail out fee :/ and I was told that Allie was positively ID'd as being involved in the attack (apparently it was a pack of 3 dogs). I live 200m from a child care centre and she was the one that had developed a habit while I was on holidays, of digging out of the yard every chance she got. It was driving my poor boyfriend insane, I'd get panicked phone calls every second day saying 'I came home and the dogs were on the wrong side of the gate again!' like I could do anything from 4000kms away! Anyway, it came down to we could sign her over to the council to be put down, or face a $500 fine and $300 every other time she got out. Being a uni student, I don't have that much cash and had to borrow money to get them out to start with so I signed her over :'( even though I was sure it wasn't her, the victim was. I still have Bundy, he was covered with ticks and stopped eating when we first got him home so we are currently fostering a puppy (potentially looking at adopting) called Deefa. Poor puppy is so hand shy that he runs away if you try to pat him. Very shifty young pup, starting to think he may be partially blind as well Sad he is very slowly settling in. Its going to be a lot of work to get him to calm down enough to be adoptable. I think they're helping each other. They have the same markings too! could be brothers! =D I hope he comes good.

Post by Guest on November 8th 2008, 14:14

Sorry to hear about your situation becuffin.

irnstead
    People Who Just Plain Rule!

Registration date : 2008-12-07
    Number of posts : 13

Post by irnstead on December 7th 2008, 23:11

many of my animals have died in my life due to tragic accidents

1 cat
    1 dog
    1 blue lobster
    3 geckos
    7 fish
    1 hamster

Post by Guest on December 7th 2008, 23:13

I have some animals that died too

8 Fish
    2 Hamsters(they were escape artist I could put them in a concrete box and they would escape)
    35 snails
    a lizard
    and a mouse

irnstead

Post by irnstead on December 7th 2008, 23:15

jdog66 wrote:I have some animals that died too

8 Fish
    2 Hamsters(they were escape artist I could put them in a concrete box and they would escape)
    35 snails
    a lizard
    and a mouse

ok 1
    Why did you have pet snails
    Weird about the hamster in concrete block

Post by Guest on December 7th 2008, 23:17

I had 2 aquatic snails and they breed and we counted about 35 of there babies

and the hamsters would always escape and that is how they died. they escaped in the house we couldnt find them then we would and they would be dead.

irnstead

Post by irnstead on December 7th 2008, 23:19

cool aquatic nails we had a few but not much and they died all the pets i have and am allowed to have due to the fact i live in a stupid apartment is my fire skink.
    yosua
    Silver Rank
    Silver Rank

Registration date : 2008-09-29
    Number of posts : 319
    Libra Goat

Post by yosua on December 18th 2008, 10:37

My pets in the past were...
    A dog
    Some birds
    A lot of fish
    Some turtles
    Two goats (I had it when I was about 6 years old! And I kept it only about a month, then my dad gave them to his friend)
    A baby duck
    Some chickens
    Some Rabbits
    Well,, the saddest story is about my duck.. It was died in the WC! The baby duck fell into the Closet and I press the flush button.. OMG! I didn't know what I did! (I only about 6 years old that time..)

Post by Guest on December 18th 2008, 17:08

When I was younger, I had a baby duck. When we went away for the weekend, the water heater broke. The baby duck was in a box in the garage. It drowned from the water from the water heater.
    yosua
    Silver Rank
    Silver Rank

Registration date : 2008-09-29
    Number of posts : 319
    Libra Goat

Post by yosua on December 25th 2008, 10:05

So sad... I remember when I was a child, I've ever sat on a chicken! A small one... I didn't know that the chicken was standing under me.... Sad I remember, it was a brown chicken.. Crying or Very sad
    OasisGirl
    Silver Rank
    Silver Rank

Registration date : 2009-04-25
    Number of posts : 236
    Libra Tiger

Post by OasisGirl on April 25th 2009, 15:20

Well, this one time, i had 3 cats.
    Jim, Sid and Bennet.
    Bennet was shy and never came into the house.
    Sid never learnt how to sheath his claws, so his claws were always out.
    Jim was the clever one, the one that was the biggest, youngest, healthiest and kindest.
    Then one day i heard this family of 4 were leaving the neighborhood. I went to see them and guess what, they took Sid and Bennet into their van. I sped up to try and get the cats but the van was faster. I never saw them again. So i'm not sure if they died or not. But still it's a great loss and i miss both, although i didn't know bennet. It was just sad to see the Black and stripy cat being put into the white van. On that moment I ran the fastest in my life, i lost 2 of the most important "people" in my life. Sad pale
    Josspot
    Gold Rank
    Gold Rank

Registration date : 2008-09-07
    Number of posts : 532
    Sagittarius Pig

Post by Josspot on April 30th 2009, 13:47

that sad you should of call the police
    OasisGirl
    Silver Rank
    Silver Rank

Registration date : 2009-04-25
    Number of posts : 236
    Libra Tiger

Post by OasisGirl on May 1st 2009, 14:00

I did but the stupid police help line was on:

Hello, please say your name age and adress;
    I said it and it says it all over again. And now i just watched watch dog and it said you have to to press 0 continously to get to a real person.

I will do that next time Sad but i wish i knew earlier. Crying or Very sad

silverwren

Registration date : 2013-01-28
    Number of posts : 7
    Cancer Horse
    My Pet : Cat
    Power :
    Intelligence :

Post by silverwren on January 11th 2015, 19:02

Sadly both of my dogs have passed away. This is the first time in my life that we have not had a dog with the exception of the few weeks between the time of my first dog passing and getting a new puppy. My oldest dog, Freckles, was an English Springer Spaniel who at the age of twelve still thought he was a puppy and a lap dog. A month later my beagle Abby followed him due to complications from diabetes and from depression caused by the passing of her companion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is September 23rd 2017, 07:04